Open Doors is an international, interdenominational organization that supports Christians who are persecuted for their faith. Within the regional department Middle East & North Africa the following job has become vacant:
Under the direct supervision of the HR-Manager and in close coordination with the Regional Director, in this position you will be responsible for managing the operational issues and course of events in the Dutch Office and providing support to the Regional Leadership in executing and maintaining the policies, processes and procedures, prepare and support meetings and events. You will be part of a small team.
YOUR KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Support: Provide support to the Regional Director and the Leadership Team; Manage and follow up on questions around: travel, office management, meetings and key events, miscellaneous tasks; Communicate with Leadership Team members; Liaise with other staff on behalf of management; Maintain strong relationships with other departments. Contribute to improving processes to enable leadership and staff to execute their roles effectively.
• Organizing and Planning: Supervise the general planning of the Office year plan; Take the lead in planning of and initiate the regular tasks as per the existing workflows; Regularly check with leadership and office Teams on timing, deadlines and expected deliverables; Organize and schedule meetings; Maintain relevant overviews; Actively look for ways to improve the work.
• Administration: Document the work diligently, keep track, analyse and provide quick access to important information; Attend to administrative tasks such prepare letters, maintain outlook agendas, write minutes, manage database and filing systems; Implement and maintain procedures and administrative systems; Manage ad-hoc projects.
• Committed Christian with a heart for the Persecuted Church;
• Bachelor (BA) degree in (Business) Administration, Office Management or relevant field
• 3+ years professional working experience in administration or project implantation
• Good interpersonal and communication skills, able to deal with people from various backgrounds
• Strong organizing and planning skills, enabling easy access/extraction of information
• Pro-active and initiative taker, disciplined, efficient, discrete, flexible, self-motivated
• Quality oriented and analytical
• Excellent knowledge of MS Teams
• Experience in an NGO is a plus
• Excellent oral and written communication skills in Dutch and English;
• Knowledge of the culture and customs in the Middle East and North Africa is a plus.
This is a salaried position. Working at Open Doors means that you are actively involved in the worldwide Persecuted Church. We offer you a position in an international environment and a professional team, and the opportunity to show your added value.
Please send your CV and motivation in English as soon as possible but before 15 March 2020, to the HR department via firstname.lastname@example.org. We may ask for references from your previous employer(s) and your local church. An assessment can be part of the application process.
Working for Open Doors is not without risks in some areas. Because of the potential need for establishing future risk-averting measures in the event of a successful application, we advise you not to widely share your wish to work for Open Doors during the application period.