Open Doors is an international, interdenominational organization that supports Christians who are persecuted for their faith. Within the regional department Middle East & North Africa the following job has become vacant:
Support Officer (International Speaking and Strategic Relations)
Under the direct supervision of the Communication and Strategic Relations (CSR) Manager and in close coordination with the International Speaking & Strategic Relations (IS&SR) Specialist, in this position you will be responsible for providing operational support to the CSR Manager and IS&SR Specialist in executing and maintaining the policies, processes and procedures of the IS&SR functions. You will be part of a small international team.
YOUR KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Support: Attend to stakeholders’ needs worldwide by assessing, gathering, and processing accurate information; Manage requests from international- and field offices related to Speaking and Travel; Manage requests from and liaise between internal and external partners, provide diligent follow up on questions.
• Organizing and Planning: Maintain all overviews, inventories and international/internal platforms with right and updated information; Seek feedback and clarifications when needed; Take the lead in planning and initiating the regular tasks as per the existing IS&SR workflows, actively looking for ways to improve the work; Regularly check with field, regional and international offices on timing, deadlines and expected deliverables.
• Administration: Document the work diligently, keep track, analyse and provide quick access to important information and attend to administrative things such as financials and work meetings for CSR team; Work closely with IS&SR specialist to support him in admin tasks pertaining to Travel and Speaking.
• Committed Christian with a heart for the Persecuted Church;
• Bachelor (BA) degree in Public Relations, Business Administration, Administration, Office Management, or relevant field
• 3+ years professional working experience in administration or project implantation
• Good interpersonal and communication skills, able to deal with colleagues and partners from various backgrounds
• Strong organizing and planning skills, enabling easy access/extraction of information
• Pro-active and initiative taker, disciplined, quality oriented and analytical
• Excellent knowledge of MS Teams
• Experience in an NGO is a plus
• Excellent oral and written communication skills in Dutch and English;
• Knowledge of the culture and customs in the Middle East and North Africa is a plus.
This is a salaried position. Working at Open Doors means that you are actively involved in the worldwide Persecuted Church. We offer you a position in an international environment and a professional team, and the opportunity to show your added value. The location of our office is in
Harderwijk, the Netherlands.
INTERESTED? Please send your CV and motivation as soon as possible but before 16 February 2020, to the HR department via firstname.lastname@example.org. We may ask for references from your previous employer(s) and your local church. An assessment can be part of the application process.
Working for Open Doors is not without risks in some areas. Because of the potential need for establishing future risk-averting measures in the event of a successful application, we advise you not to widely share your wish to work for Open Doors during the application period.