Open Doors is an international, interdenominational organization that supports Christians who are persecuted for their faith. Within the regional department Middle East & North Africa the following job has become vacant: Subregional Manager Persian Speaking World (Fulltime).
We are looking for a visionary, experienced and highly motivated leader who first has a vision and long-term perspectives on” where the church can be”. Furthermore, this leader can provide support and guidance to our team in long term programming and implementation of plans, which are designed to support and strengthen the church. As Sub-regional Manager you carry integral responsibility for people, programming, strategic alignment, strategic partnerships, local ownership, and accountability in this region. This includes the development and implementation of the strategy. You have a heart for the Church in all its forms (off- and online) and vision for her role in society at large. The Sub-regional Manager will be a member of the regional Leadership Team and thus contribute to the development of the strategic planning of the broader Middle East and North Africa region (MENA) and is accountable to the MENA Director.
YOUR KEY COMPETENCES:
• Strategic Ability: Develops strategic direction, based on field research, participatory planning and alignment A with organizational mandate and regional priorities.
• Planning & Organizing: Plan and organize tasks and responsibilities in an efficient and effective way.
• Decisiveness: The ability to make decisions effectively in any given circumstance. Decisions that settle issues and produces a definite result.
• Relationship building: Build and maintain professional relationships and networks that create added value
• Self-Reflection: Reflects on personal behavior, personal values, styles of communication, strengths, weaknesses, and the impact on others. Maintains personal effectiveness and emotional stability even in the face of adversity, stress etc.
• Intercultural awareness: Knowledge, skills and attitudes that lead to visible behavior and communication that is both effective and appropriate in intercultural interactions
• People oriented Leadership: Inspires and stimulates personal grow, work activities and performance with the goal of optimizing efficient use of talent and strength
• Committed Christian with a heart for the Persecuted Church.
• Proven experience, desire and understanding in working with the Church or with Faith based organizations and understanding of alternative church models
• Knowledge about and experience with church development (equivalent to community-based development methodology and approaches
• Understanding and openness on how to help Christians communities under pressure, including those who face arrest and imprisonment
• Experience in Strategic Planning and Program Management, Evaluation & Learning
• Solid work experience in (remote) people management in an integral and cross-functional leadership role in a complex, intercultural and professional organization.
• Demonstrable knowledge of the culture and customs in the region.
• Experience with and co-leadership of major organizational changes.
• Willing and able to travel domestically and abroad.
• Proficient in English (IELTS band score 7). Fluency in written and spoken Farsi is essential,
• Level of education: Holding a master’s degree is a plus, or a bachelor’s degree – in Management, Social or Community Development, or any related field, showing senior leader level thinking.
This is a salaried position. Working at Open Doors means that you are actively involved in the worldwide Persecuted Church. We offer you a versatile position in an international environment, a professional team and the opportunity to show your added value. Location is preferably close to the region, but we encourage candidates from other locations to apply as well. Female candidates are especially encouraged to apply.
Please send your email with your CV and motivation as soon as possible but before the 31st August 2021, to the HR department via email@example.com. If you have questions about the position, please use this same email address. For security reasons please refrain from mentioning to others that you are applying for a job with Open Doors at this stage.