Open Doors is an international, interdenominational organization that supports Christians who are persecuted for their faith. Within the regional department Middle East & North Africa the following job has become vacant:
In this position you are responsible for coordinating the implementation of the organization’s financial compliance and capacity building of the local teams in the Middle East and North Africa. We are currently re-organizing our finance operation and are looking for a new colleague to strengthen our team and support us in this process. This person should be able to influence and deal with the change in a positive way. The Financial Compliance Specialist is part of the Finance & Compliance Team, reporting to the Finance & Compliance Manager.
YOUR KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Review, train, and coach local (Finance) teams in the area of policies, procedures, and standards of conduct in the field of financial compliance;
• Coordinate internal investigations and oversee the implementation of the organization’s financial policies, procedures, standards of conduct, control improvements and audit recommendations;
• Make recommendations to reduce the organization’s vulnerability to fraud, abuse; or waste and evaluate business activities to assess compliance risk;
• Provide expertise and specialist advice in the area of international financial legislation and financial policies as well as draft and revise company policies;
• Streamline processes to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of the Finance & Control teams;
• Keep abreast of internal standards, (new) local and international financial regulations and laws;
• Work closely with internal and external stakeholders, including management and employees;
• Support the Finance & Compliance Manager
• Committed Christian with a heart for the Persecuted Church
• Level of education: BA degree in law, finance, (business) economics and/or accounting
• At least 5-7 years of experience in compliance, accounting, and financial controls
• Knowledge of legal requirements and controls (e.g. AML) and experience in risk management
• High level of integrity and professional ethics
• Teamwork skills, proactive and flexible in adapting to changes
• International experience in an NGO is an advantage
• Expert in Microsoft Office and ERP software (knowledge of Unit4 Business World is a plus)
• Excellent oral and written communication skills in Arabic and English
• Knowledge of the culture and customs in the Middle East and North Africa
• This position requires ability and willingness to travel internationally
This is a salaried position. Working at Open Doors means that you are actively involved in the worldwide Persecuted Church. We offer you a position in an international environment and a professional team, and the opportunity to show your added value.
Please send your CV and motivation as soon as possible but before 28 February 2021, to the HR department via firstname.lastname@example.org. The job interviews will be scheduled in March 2021. We may ask for references from your previous employer(s) and your local church. An assessment can be part of the application process.
Working for Open Doors is not without risks in some areas. Because of the potential need for establishing future risk-averting measures in the event of a successful application, we advise you not to widely share your wish to work for Open Doors during the application period.