Open Doors is an international, interdenominational organization that supports Christians who are persecuted for their faith. Within the regional department Middle East & North Africa the following job has become vacant:
In this position you are responsible for working with stakeholders to develop and implement the organisation’s programs that include advocacy strategies. You will be part of a small team, reporting to the Regional Advocacy Programme Manager.
YOUR KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Coordinate advocacy activities on social media;
• Support the planning and implementation of different campaigns and lobbying activities;
• Manage relationships and partnerships with various internal and external offices and stakeholders;
• Collaborate with colleagues on research, advocacy, and public engagement to find new and creative ways to effect change and achieve our policy and advocacy goals;
• You may be expected to travel for this position;
• Committed Christian with a heart for the Persecuted Church;
• Education: minimum BA degree in Public Policy, International Relations, Human Rights, Communication, or another relevant field;
• Minimum 3 years of relevant professional work experience in the field of Advocacy or policy work;
• Experience with planning and implementing advocacy campaigns, advocacy messaging, policy briefing, and mobilizing social media to influence public opinions;
• Excellent presentation and communication skills in English and Arabic (oral and written), with experience of communicating complex issues to diverse audiences;
• Proactive, self-motivated, organized, capable of working unsupervised;
• Knowledge of the culture and customs in the Middle East and North Africa is a plus;
• Preferably residing in the MENA region.
This is a salaried position. The position is used for backfilling initially until December 2020 with the possibility of extension. Working at Open Doors means that you are actively involved in the worldwide Persecuted Church. We offer you a position in an international environment and a professional team, and the opportunity to show your added value.
Please send your CV and motivation in English as soon as possible to the HR department via firstname.lastname@example.org.
In view of the current COVID-19 situation, the start date of this position will be determined in due course once a suitable candidate has been identified.
We may ask for references from your previous employer(s) and your local church. An assessment can be part of the application process.
Working for Open Doors is not without risks in some areas. Because of the potential need for establishing future risk-averting measures in the event of a successful application, we advise you not to widely share your wish to work for Open Doors during the application period.