Open Doors is an international, interdenominational organization that supports Christians who are persecuted for their faith. Within the regional department Middle East & North Africa the following job has become vacant: HR Advisor (Specialist) Region Middle East North Africa.
We are looking for a hands-on HR Advisor (Specialist), as we grow in the area of HR field work, who will play a significant role in the advice, development, and implementation of a variety of HR projects and improvement initiatives regarding (local) staff and (field) offices. Besides this, in this role the focus will be on international Compensation and Benefits, legal issues, and a correct and consistent implementation of the Human Resource instruments. The role is a mix of operational, tactical, strategic and project management. The HR Advisor (Specialist) is part of a small international HR team, reporting directly to the HR Manager.
YOUR KEY COMPETENCES:
✓ Analytical/problem-solving: Breaks down tasks and problems into manageable components. Thinks about all factors that might affect the situation.
✓ Planning and organizing: Plans and organizes tasks/projects and responsibilities in an efficient and effective way.
✓ Initiative: Has a proactive attitude, takes initiative rather than passively wait, seeks opportunities and acts accordingly (within scope of responsibility). ✓ Perseverance: Shows commitment and resilience to achieve results in the face of challenges or setbacks.
✓ Integrity: Demonstrates integrity by modelling the organization’s values and ethical standards.
✓ Flexibility: due to the size of the MENA department and the operational nature of the work, the candidate will be required on occasion to undertake additional or alternative HR operational (or administrative) tasks and duties at a different job level (lower or higher) within their capabilities that are not listed in this job description as the needs of the work require.
• Min. 7 years of relevant HR experience, preferably also in an international context.
• Education: At least bachelor’s degree, preferably HR professional qualification.
• Experience in (international) project management (2-4 years).
• Knowledge of international (tax) legislation and compensation and benefits (at least contextual).
• Advanced experience with and knowledge of MS Office, in particular: Excel, Word and PowerPoint (knowledge of Power BI is a plus).
• High communication and relationship skills and a high level of cross-cultural sensitivity with the knowledge how to build on relationships in different cultures.
• Ability to thrive in a multi-dimensional and a complex environment by developing good trust and solid working relationships.
• Excellent command of Dutch and English (verbal and written).
• Knowledge of the culture and customs in the Middle East and North Africa is a plus.
• A heart for the persecuted church
This is a salaried position. Working at Open Doors means that you are actively involved in the worldwide Persecuted Church. We offer you a versatile position in an international environment, a professional team and the opportunity to show your added value. Location is preferably in the Netherlands, but we encourage candidates from other locations to apply as well.
INTERESTED? Please send your CV and motivation as soon as possible but before 31 August 2021, to the HR department via firstname.lastname@example.org. We may ask for references from your previous employer(s) and your local church. An assessment can be part of the application process.
Working for Open Doors is not without risks in some areas. Because of the potential need for establishing future risk-averting measures in the event of a successful application, we advise you not to widely share your wish to work for Open Doors during the application period.