Open Doors is an international, interdenominational organization that supports Christians who are persecuted for their faith. Within the regional department Middle East & North Africa the following job has become vacant:
In this position you are responsible for the day-to-day coordination of the Regional Finance Team. We are currently re-organizing our finance operation and are looking for a new colleague to strengthen our team and support us in this process. This person should be able to influence and deal with the change in a positive way. The Finance Support Manager is part of the Finance & Control Team, reporting to the Finance & Control Manager.
YOUR KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Manage and coach a small Regional Finance team
• Coordinate and oversee day-to-day financial administration
• Streamline processes that improve the effectiveness and efficiency of the Finance & Control team as well as that of the wider organization
• Focal point for tax authority, banks, and other financial service providers
• Support the Finance & Control Manager
• Prepare regular reports for Management and other stakeholders on a regular basis
• Committed Christian with a heart for the Persecuted Church
• Level of education: Bachelor’s degree (HBO) in (business) economics and/or accounting
• Extensive experience and knowledge in accounting, financial controls, and financial reporting
• International experience in an NGO is a big plus
• Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office and ERP software (knowledge of Unit4 Business World is a plus)
• Excellent oral and written communication skills in English (Arabic is a plus)
• Knowledge of payroll and pensions
• Knowledge of the culture and customs in the Middle East and North Africa is a plus
• Pro-active and flexible in adapting to changes
• This position requires ability and willingness to travel internationally
This is a salaried position. Working at Open Doors means that you are actively involved in the worldwide Persecuted Church. We offer you a position in an international environment and a professional team, and the opportunity to show your added value. The location of our office is in
Harderwijk, the Netherlands.
Please send your CV and motivation as soon as possible but before 16 February 2020, to the HR department via email@example.com.
We may ask for references from your previous employer(s) and your local church. An assessment can be part of the application process.
Working for Open Doors is not without risks in some areas. Because of the potential need for establishing future risk-averting measures in the event of a successful application, we advise you not to widely share your wish to work for Open Doors during the application period.