Open Doors is an international, interdenominational organization that supports Christians who are persecuted for their faith. Within the regional department Middle East & North Africa the following job has become vacant:
Advisor (Learning Online)
In this position you are responsible for advising, developing, and implementing online learning modules in regional and national programmes to increase the quality and impact of those programmes ran by our MENA office. You will be part of a team of experts as ministry support that has the aim to envision a local church – amid persecution – as a centre of hope. You will report to the manager ministry support.
YOUR KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Identify key opportunity for Learning online strategies to be implemented as part of regional and/or national programmes;
• Research and advise on the best ways to develop and implement learning modules online;
• Design, develop, deliver and evaluate field learning initiatives – both online and offline – and Development content and solutions together with colleague advisors and programme managers on different topics, aligned to the values and objectives of ministry support group;
• Support the change process in the organisation to adopt hybrid learning approaches into our standard programs;
• Organize and manage projects coordinate Learning Online projects from the start until implementing;
• Partner with HR and Learning & Development to build a cohesive learning approach;
• Build and maintain relationships with external providers, educational institutions and other relevant Christian organizations.
• Occasional morning and/or evening work hours to collaborate with teammates who work in different time-zones.
• Key contact person for the training team and learners related to the end-delivery, ongoing maintenance, and administration of the online learning modules.
• Committed Christian with a heart for the Persecuted Church;
• Minimum Bachelor degree in the field of education, and teaching
• Technical savvy in the field of online learning platforms;
• Minimum of 5-7 years professional work experience in the field of program management and learning online;
• Proactive, self-motivated, organized, capable of working unsupervised;
• Good presentation, creativity and visualization skills;
• Excellent communication skills in English and Arabic (oral and written), with experience of communicating complex issues to diverse audiences. Farsi language skills are a plus.
• Knowledge of the culture and customs in the Middle East and North Africa is a plus;
• Preferably residing in the MENA region.
This is a salaried position. Working at Open Doors means that you are actively involved in the worldwide Persecuted Church. We offer you a position in an international environment and a professional team, and the opportunity to show your added value.
Please send your CV and motivation in English before 26 April 2021 to the HR department via email@example.com.
We may ask for references from your previous employer(s) and your local church. An assessment can be part of the application process.
Working for Open Doors is not without risks in some areas. Because of the potential need for establishing future risk-averting measures in the event of a successful application, we advise you not to widely share your wish to work for Open Doors during the application period.